Although Apple previously announced that version 4.3 of the iOS operating system will be available to everyone starting on March 11th, Apple made the early advances and made the new version available today. The update includes the iPhone, iPod Touch and iPad, whose version will also carry the number 4.3, as well as the update includes Apple TV, and for the first time it will unify all versions of Apple devices that carry this system under one number and under one family, taking into account the difference of some features between the four devices.
Today we will provide you with a complete guide for updating to this release As you were used to from us before So that it is considered as a basic reference for you and an assistant in making the steps of the update process succeed to its end.
Contents of the guide:
- The most important features of update number 4.3
- Devices to which this update applies
- Essential notes before updating
- Basic steps before updating
- The difference between Update and Restore
- Automatic update steps
- Manual update steps
The most important features of Update 4.3:
1. Improvements in AirPlay technology and for those who do not know what this technology is, we simply tell him that AirPlay is to transfer content wirelessly from your device to another device that supports AirPlay such as Apple TV (and more Read this articleThese improvements are to make software developers able to take advantage of this technology and add it to their programs.
3. Add a feature (iTunes Home Sharing) and this feature enables you to share media wirelessly with the iTunes program, for example if you have a Windows machine room and it has the iTunes program on it and it has your songs and movies. You will be able to view or hear anything on your device wirelessly anywhere in the house on An iPhone, iPad, or even a personal device elsewhere with the iTunes program, but of course everyone should be under one network.
4. Giving the ability to control the task of the side button of the iPad to make it either silent or to install the device screen rotation.
5. The feature of making your phone (HotSpot) to share the Internet, but this feature only works with iPhone 4 devices and enables you to make your phone a hotspot, and this of course is different from the Internet sharing that was in previous versions, this feature allows you to extend five devices to the Internet through your phone and they can receive Internet via Wi-Fi and if you remember that sharing the Internet in previous versions was limited to Bluetooth and connecting the device via USB, but now you can feed all your home devices to the Internet via your iPhone 4
Devices that the update applies to:
This update applies to the iPhone 4 and the iPhone 3GS, but 3G phones fell and the latest update was 4.2.1, and now 3G phones will not be issued an update for it, as we mentioned before. This update applies to the iPod Touch of the third generation and later, but the second generation is also the latest update for it is 4.2.1, and an update will not be issued to it after that. As well as fit on the iPad first and second generation. Of course, this update will not apply to the iPhone 2G or the iPod touch first generation.
Essential notes before updating:
Before you make a decision Update You must take the following points into account that may prompt you to postpone this update, namely:
- Waiting for several days to see the effect of this update on whoever did it and make sure of the problems and side effects of it, and this is an optional step.
- If your device is locked on a specific network and you used jailbreak and a program to unlock this lock, do not update at all before issuing a new jailbreak and a new unlocking program, as this update will not lock your device.
- If you are using jailbreak and do not want to lose it and lose its features and applications, do not update before the release of a new jailbreak, as you will lose access to those applications that you downloaded from the Cydia store and any other features and settings related to this jailbreak.
Basic steps before updating:
Before you connect the iPhone to your computer and download and install the update, you must take the following steps:
1- Update iTunes on your computer to the latest version, which is Issue No. 10.2.1 You can do this as follows:
For Mac owners: From Apple's main menu - Software Update Apple menu> Software Update
For Windows device owners: From the iTunes Help menu - Software Update Help> Software Update
You can also download the latest iTunes version manually from the Apple website and install it from Here
2- Update all iPhone applications: to ensure that they are compatible with version 4.0 by visiting the App Store application on the iPhone, where the Badge icon will appear on its icon with the number of non-updated applications, then launch it and go to the “Updates” or “Updates” tab. And pressing the "Update All" button or update all applications.
3- Backup: The process of upgrading to a new system or update on the iPhone naturally causes the data to be wiped on the iPhone or iPod touch completely, so the data must be backed up and this process is done automatically every time a synchronization process takes place between the iPhone IPhone and the device when linked, so that it is saved to the device, but you can be more sure and reassured by making a backup process through iTunes through the Back Up button (from the left menu click on the iPhone image with the Ctrl button and select Back Up) and then this can be restored Copy after that by using the Restore button from iTunes as well.
4- Copying the properties and notes: Through this optional step, you can save some of the features of your iPhone and the existing settings application by taking screenshots of the screen shot, keep it and return to it when necessary (a screen shot of the screen can be taken by pressing the home button with the power button at the same time ).
You can also if the Notepad app or notes contain important texts for you to send them via email to make sure they are never lost (although they are usually saved through sync).
The difference between the Restore and Update:
Before we start the update, we must give an overview of the difference between the Restore and Update processes and their actual effect on the iPhone.
When you connect the iPhone to the computer, iTunes will work automatically and it will synchronize and then provide a new update from Apple, and the iPhone is working on an old update, you will see a message asking you to update and upon approval, the new update will be downloaded to your device and then the iPhone update process will take place.
The previous process is called Update
As for Restore, use it with a manual update, as we will see shortly - or to restore a previous backup you made on iTunes.
- auto update:
After making sure that you have done the previous steps, you can start the automatic update process by connecting the iPhone device to the computer and launching iTunes, to then show a message telling you between downloading and installing or downloading only, if you choose the first, the following message will appear:
The download and update process will take some time (the size of the update is about 670 MB), and then you will need to re-activate the iPhone online over the network.
After the update is completed, browse the iPhone and go to the features and make sure that they are set correctly, specifically the properties of e-mail accounts and calendars, by applying the settings - email, contacts, calendars Settings> Mail, Contacts, Calendars And make sure that all of your accounts are there.
You can do a manual update by downloading the update file through the following links, depending on the type of your device, as shown:
After that and after the download is completed, connect your device to the computer, then go to iTunes and press the Restore button with the Options button on the Mac or the Restore button with the Shift for Windows and the keyboard. (Make sure that the file extension is IPSW, and if not, just change the extension manually to IPSW) A window will appear for you to choose the downloaded file and then start the update process for the iPhone.
After the modernization:
Applying the previous steps will ensure the success of the update, God willing, and it should be noted that the first synchronization process between the iPhone and the device between the end of the update process will take an estimated time of a quarter of an hour or more, as the data stored in your device will be transferred to the iPhone, and upon its completion you will notice that even the safari pages are in The previously opened iPhone before the update remains the same, as well as the data and other features. Then it can be said that the update process was successful.
Note: The current jailbreak is not suitable for this version, and we do not know when the new jailbreak will be released and when it is issued, we will announce it on the site.
It is your responsibility to update the device and any misuse of the information mentioned in the article may lead to the loss of your information on the device