Looks like Apple wanted to release this update on Eid 🎉 Happy New Years. Apple released a few hours ago the iOS 14.7 and iPadOS 14.7 update for iPhone and iPad, as well as major updates for all its other systems, whether for watchOS 7.6 or Apple tvOS 14.6. The update, although it carries a major number, i.e. 14.7, not 14.6.1, but it did not come with a large number of advantages, as happened with iOS 14.5This update focuses heavily on MagSafe external battery support along with other minor fixes, which makes us wonder why Apple's major updates have become such a sub and little new progress.
New in iOS 14.7 according to Apple ...
- MagSafe external battery support
- Home app adds ability to manage timers on HomePod
- Air quality information is now available in weather and maps apps in Canada, France, Italy, the Netherlands, South Korea and Spain
- The podcast library allows you to choose to watch all shows or just the ones you follow
- No 'Share Playlist' menu option in Apple Music
- Dolby Atmos audio and Apple Music Lossless audio may stop playing unexpectedly
- Restore battery maintenance message that may have disappeared after restarting some iPhone 11 models
- Braille displays may display invalid information while composing mails
Before updating, be sure to take a backup copy of the contents of your device, whether on the iCloud or the iTunes application
To update your device, take the following steps ...
Go to Settings -> General -> Software Update, it will show you that an update is available.
You can click on Learn more to view the update details.
To download the update, you must connect to the Wi-Fi, and it is preferable to connect your device to the charger, then press the "Download and Install" button, and the terms and conditions will appear to you, then agree to them.
After the update is finished, the device will restart. After several steps, the update will be completed.