If you find noise from the AirTag, it means that it has been separated from its owner, so it is possible that someone is looking for it. Fortunately, you can help reunite the lost AirTag and the owner or even stop it working if it is lying in your stuff in order to spy on you. In this article we learn how to behave when a strange AirTag is found.
What do you do if you find a lost AirTag?
Apple designed the AirTag tracker with privacy in mind in order to protect its owner and prevent any attempt to track it or access personal data about it. Even the devices involved in locating the missing tracker are not revealed to their owners. Here's what they should do:
- Make the top of the iPhone touch the white side of the AirTag
- You can do the same if you are using an Android phone that supports NFC technology
- Click on the notification that appears on the iPhone screen
- This opens a website with information about the tracker
Information: This is the correct method only if the AirTag was reported by the owner that it was lost or a certain time has passed and it is far from the iPhone paired with it.
- If the owner marks the AirTag as missing, you may see a message with information on how to contact the owner
- Use this information to contact the owner of AirTag to coordinate how to return the tool to them
- Or if you know him and think he set it to spy on you, you will definitely act with him, tell us in the comments what you would do if someone put AirTag to spy on you
How to disable AirTag?
If you have reason to suspect that the AirTag tracker that you found has not been lost by its owner but may have been placed in your possession or by someone in order to try to track you, you can disable it via the following steps:
- You should receive a notification on your iPhone that you have an unknown AirTag with you
- Tap on the AirTag tracker that moves with you
- Then press Continue.
- Click and follow the instructions.
- This will prevent AirTag from transmitting information about its current location to its owner