Apple today launched iOS 17.1 and iPadOS 17.1, the first two major updates to iOS 17 and iPadOS 17 that were released in September. If you are not excited about this update because of the new features, you should be excited about the issues that are fixed in this update. Let's follow together what's new.
New in iOS 17.1 according to Apple ...
- Content continues to be transmitted over the Internet when out of fast transmission range
- New options to control when the display screen turns off
(iPhone 14 Pro, iPhone 14 Pro Max, iPhone 15 Pro, iPhone 15 Pro Max)
- Expand your favorites to include songs, albums, and playlists, and you can filter to view your favorites in the library
- A new cover art collection featuring designs that change colors to reflect the music in the playlist
- Song suggestions appear at the bottom of each playlist, making it easy to add music that matches the playlist's vibe
This update also includes the following improvements and bug fixes:
- Option to choose a specific album to use for the lock screen photo shuffling feature
- Home key support for Matter locks
- Improved reliability of syncing Screen Time settings across devices
- Fixes an issue that could cause an important location privacy setting to reset when you move or pair your Apple Watch for the first time
- Resolves an issue where names may not appear in incoming calls while on another call
- Addresses an issue where custom and purchased ringtones may not appear as text message tone options
- Fixes an issue that could cause the keyboard to become less responsive
- Collision detection improvements (all iPhone 14 and iPhone 15 models)
- Fixes an issue that could cause a persistent screen image
Before updating, make sure to take a backup copy of the contents of your device, whether on iCloud or on the iTunes application
To update your device, take the following steps ...
Go to Settings -> General -> Software Update, it will show you that an update is available.
You can click on Learn more to view the update details
To download the update, you must connect to Wi-Fi and preferably connect your device to the charger, then press the “Download and Install” button.
The passcode entry screen will appear.
You may see the Terms and Conditions screen, accept them.
After the update is finished, the device will restart. After several steps, the update will be completed.