There are a number of new features that Apple has provided to users in iOS 17, and we have talked about them before, but among the new features, which not many have talked about, is the Shortcuts application and the camera modes that will enable you to open the camera and create a shortcut from the different camera modes. Follow along as we share with you how to use camera modes in the Shortcuts app.
What are the camera modes in the Shortcuts app?
- With the new Open Camera action, you'll be able to create a shortcut to open the camera, and control different camera modes and the shooting modes themselves.
- The new procedure will enable you to take photos without opening the camera application itself.
- When you set up camera actions, you'll see a list of options with the camera modes available in the Shortcuts app.
- Camera mode options include: cinema mode - panorama - portrait - selfies - slow-motion mode - time-lapse - selfies in portrait mode - video.
- You will also be able to choose any one mode you prefer, and switch to it easily, and the camera will remain available to choose any other mode.
How can you set up camera shortcuts in iOS 17?
- Open the Shortcuts application, press the (+) in the upper right corner.
- Swipe down until you find the Open camera action, and finally tap on it until it is added to the shortcut.
- Then click on the blue words to change the mode from the normal picture to the mode you want.
How to add a camera shortcut to your home screen?
Now that you know the camera actions from the Shortcuts app, how can you add these shortcuts to the home screen! After you have created the shortcuts, you can add them as an application icon through the following steps:
- Click on the share icon at the bottom.
- Scroll down and tap Add to Home Screen.
- In addition, you can also convert it to a widget, follow these steps:
- Press and hold any empty area on your home screen.
- Click on the plus sign (+) located in the upper left corner.
- Look for the Shortcuts app widget.
- Drag it onto the home screen, then press and hold the widget.
- Finally, choose Edit Widget, choose the camera shortcut that you created from the list that will appear in front of you.