What will you do when you see content that does not suit our morals? Apple has found a suitable solution for you to avoid such situations. Through the latest version of the iOS 17 operating system, it is the Sensitive Content Warning feature. In this article, we will share with you information about the sensitive content warning feature and how to activate it.
What is the sensitive content warning feature in iOS 17?
- With the sensitive content warning feature, videos, photos, apps or even messages are analyzed for harmful content.
- This feature is considered one of the developments of the communication security feature. It is noteworthy that the communication feature was added by Apple In iOS 16It works to protect your phone from inappropriate or harmful content sent to your device.
- If the new feature finds any inappropriate or sensitive content, it will show you a warning about its presence.
- As for the call security feature, it only works in the Messages app and is more specifically for children, but the warning feature works in all Apple apps.
- This is not the end of it, but the content warning feature can hide all files sent to your device if they are inappropriate or sensitive, and you will also receive a warning about these files.
- In addition, this feature is available to all iPhones, iPads, and Mac computers.
How can you activate the sensitive content warning feature on the iPhone or iPad?
You can use these steps to activate the feature on either Apple phones or iPads, provided that the operating system is iOS 17 or iPadOS 17.
- Open the Settings menu.
- Click on Privacy and Security.
- Scroll down until you see the Sensitive Content Warning feature, and finally activate the feature.
- After completing the activation process successfully, you can now use the applications you want comfortably. If you receive any sensitive content, it will disappear completely and the application will alert you with the message “This may be sensitive.”
- Don't forget that you can click on the Show option to view the content that you have been warned about.
- If you want to know more information about this content, you can click on (!).
How can you activate the sensitive content warning feature on a Mac computer?
- Open the Settings menu or System Settings.
- Choose Privacy and Security or Privacy and Security.
- Scroll down until you find Sensitive Content Warning.
- Activate the feature at the top of the screen.
- From now on, all sensitive content will disappear, and you will receive a warning.
- You will also receive options including blocking the sender or viewing the sent content.
What types of content does the new feature detect?
- Immoral clips or images.
- Biased images.
- Violent images.
- Images that contain harmful or offensive material.
Additional information about the effectiveness of the sensitive content warning feature
- The new feature does not provide ideal performance, but it works with approximately 90% accuracy.
- For example, the feature may show you some warnings on a photo if a person appears not fully dressed, or the photo contains some blood splatters in the background.
Additional information on some opinions about Apple's new feature
- Many users found warning about sensitive content to be very useful, especially if the phone owner is children.
- But this was not the only opinion, as some users expressed some concern that their photos or videos might be subject to artificial intelligence analysis.
You may also be interested in: iOS17 Health app features and mood tracking
What mechanism is used in Apple's new feature?
- Automated learning algorithms are used in order to recognize sensitive or violent content.
- These algorithms are also trained on a large set of data such as photos and videos that contain sensitive or violent content.