- What do I need to make an iPad a fully functional phone?
- Jailbroken iPad1 with iOS version 4.3.3 Or Later
- Do I need a special SIM card?
- No, just the regular phone SIM card. PS: Data SIM cards will not work as they are for internet use only. iPad that comes with SIM card inside it like from AT&T is a data SIM, hence you will need a regular one, You need activated SIM card with a phone service.
READ THIS: If your SIM card can make phone calls on phones then it will be able to make phone calls on the iPad./li>
- I installed PhoneIt-iPad from your Cydia repo but nothing happened. What should I do next?
- You must first activate your copy by clicking on the ”Activate Your Copy Now” button on this website, Then run PhoneItiPad app on your device.
- Do I need to pay again if I restore my device or reinstall it?
- No, You just pay once for each device.
- Is PhoneIt-iPad works with iPad 2 3G?
- Right now we do not support iPad 2 yet because the hardware is totally different and we need to adjust Phoneit-iPad to work on iPad 2 as smooth as it was on iPad 1.
We can not expect when it will be ready but we working hard on that to finish it as soon as possible, Please check back.
- Will you support iOS 5?
- Yes it works with iOS 5, Just download the right version from iPhoneIslam repo (http://apps.iphoneislam.com)
- I lost my 3G internet connection and I am unable to change my APN settings, any solution?
- Sometime users lose the preset APN settings you can easy fix that by visit (http://www.unlockit.co.nz) to setup the right APN settings for your device, just open iPad safrai and type the above URL, then create a profile for your device.
- Can I send an MMS?
- Yes, but only if your carrier supports MMS.
- Will I have FaceTime too?
- Is there anyway to have custom ringtones?
- No, at least not till now, iTunes still thinks that your device should not have ringtones because it is iPad.
- Can I use bluetooth headset for phone calls?
- Unfortunately, there is no way to use bluetooth headset with voice calls, as the iPad 1 bluetooth protocols doesn’t support such feature.
- Is there any other Cydia hack that could conflict with your hack?
- Yes, before installing PhoneIt-iPad, you should remove iFacepad, SwirlySMS, and Multitasking Gestures hack.
- This is too good to be true!
- We know, but now you are able to use it too, and relies that it’s.
- Why is your name iPhoneIslam?
- Because we have the largest Arabic, and Islamic website for iOS Apps, News & Hacks. We are very proud of that fact and the name reflects on it.
Some users don’t get it yet, we turn your iPad to a true phone, this means you need a SIM card that you would use with a normal phone and make regular phone calls in order for that to be true!