Apple recently launched the major update iOS 14.2, which is the second major update to iOS 14.0. The major updates come with new features, and the subsidiary ones are to fix problems. Therefore, this update came with a number of important benefits such as XNUMX new emoji, improved battery charging for the AirPod, and others, so we recommend that you upgrade your device to this version.
New in iOS 14.2 according to Apple ...
Within iOS 14.2 the following improvements to iPhone:
● Over XNUMX new emojis, including animals, food, faces, household items, musical instruments, unisex emojis, and more.
Eight new wallpapers in both light and dark versions.
● The magnifier can detect nearby people and report the distance that separates them using the LiDAR sensor included in the iPhone 12 Pro and iPhone 12 Pro Max.
● iPhone 12 Leather Cover Support with MagSafe.
● AirPods' improved battery charging helps slow the rate of battery aging by reducing the time AirPods spend fully charged.
● Headphone volume notifications alerts you when the volume may affect your hearing
New AirPlay controls to broadcast entertainment across the home.
● Support for intercoms with HomePods using iPhone, iPad, Apple Watch, AirPods and CarPlay.
● HomePod connectivity to Apple TV 4K for stereo sound and Dolby Atmos sound.
● The option to provide statistics on contact notices - anonymously - to joint public health authorities.
This release also fixes the following issues:
- Dock apps may be malfunctioning on the Home screen.
- The camera's viewfinder may appear black when turned on.
- The lock screen keyboard may miss some touches when trying to enter the passcode.
- The default setting in Reminders may be times in the past.
- Photos may not display any content.
- The weather widget may display the maximum temperature in Celsius when it is set to Fahrenheit.
- The probability that the precipitation chart description for the next hour indicates an incorrect time when the precipitation has stopped.
- Interrupting voice memo recordings due to incoming calls.
- The screen may become black while playing the Netflix video.
- The Apple Watch app may close unexpectedly when opened.
Prevent GPS routes from being synced during a workout or health data between Apple Watch and iPhone for some users.
- The sound is incorrectly marked "Not Playing" in the CarPlay dashboard
- Devices may be prevented from charging wirelessly.
- Disable contact notifications when restoring iPhone from iCloud backup or transferring data to a new iPhone using iPhone Migration.
Before updating, be sure to take a backup copy of the contents of your device, whether on the iCloud or the iTunes application
To update your device, take the following steps ...
Go to Settings -> General -> Software Update, it will show you that an update is available.
You can click on Learn more to view the update details.
To download the update, you must connect to the Wi-Fi, and it is preferable to connect your device to the charger, then press the "Download and Install" button, and the terms and conditions will appear to you, then agree to them.
After the update is finished, the device will restart. After several steps, the update will be completed.